· BARNARD, P. 1995. Scientific research traditions and collaboration in tropical ecology. Trends in Ecology & Evolution 10: 38-39.
· BARNARD, P. 1995. Timing of ornament growth, phenotypic variation, and size dimorphism in two promiscuous African whydahs (Ploceidae: Vidua). Biological Journal of the Linnean Society 55: 129-141.
· BARNES, JI. 1995. Economic analysis of community-based wildlife utilisation initiatives in Botswana. Development Southern Africa 12: 783-803.
· BARNES, JI. 1996. Economic characteristics of demand for wildlife viewing tourism in Botswana. Development Southern Africa 13: 377-397.
· BARNES, JI. 1996. Changes in the economic use value of elephant in Botswana: the effect of international trade prohibition. Ecological Economics 18: 215-230.
· BARNES, JI. 1996. Economic analysis of exports of live ostrich and crocodile from Botswana. Development Southern Africa 13: 733-744.
· BARNES, JI. 1998. Economic value of wilderness in Namibia. International Journal of Wilderness 4: 33-38.
· BARNES, J.I. 1999. Economic potential for biodiversity use in southern Africa: empirical evidence. Environment and Development Economics 4: 215-220.
· BARNES, J.I. 2001. Economic returns and allocation of resources in the wildlife sector of Botswana. South African Journal of Wildlife Research (in press). 19pp.
· Barnes J.I. 2001. Economic returns and allocation of resources in the wildlife sector of Botswana. South African Journal of Wildlife Research 31: 141-153.
· BARNES, JI & DE JAGER, JLV. 1996. Economic and financial incentives for wildlife use on private land in Namibia and the implications for policy. South African Journal of Wildlife Research 26: 37-46.
· BARNES, J.I., SCHIER, C. & VAN ROOY, G. 1999. Tourists? willingness to pay for wildlife viewing and wildlife conservation in Namibia. South African Journal of Wildlife Research 29: 101-111.
· BROWN, CJ. 1992. Distribution and status of the bearded vulture Gypaetus barbatus in southern Africa. Ostrich 63: 1-9.
· BROWN, CJ. 1993. The birds of Owambo, Namibia. Madoqua 18: 146-161.
· BROWN, CJ. 1997. Population dynamics of the bearded vulture Gypaetus barbatus in southern Africa. African Journal of Ecology 35: 53-63.
· BROWN, CJ. in press. Activity, energetics and food requirements of the bearded vulture. Ostrich.
· BROWN, CJ. in press. The status of grey kestrels in Namibia. Journal of African Raptor Biology.
· DE VILLIERS, D. & SIMMONS, R. 1997. The incidence and origin of two-egg clutches in a Damara Tern colony in southwestern Namibia. Madoqua 19: 111-113.
· EVANS, MR & BARNARD, P. 1995. Variable sexual ornaments in scarlet-tufted malachite sunbirds (Nectarinia johnstoni) on Mount Kenya. Biological Journal of the Linnean Society 54: 371-381.
· FOX, VE, LINDEQUE, PM, SIMMONS RE, BERRY, HH, BRAIN, C & BRABY, R. 1997. Flamingo "rescue" in Etosha National Park, Namibia, 1994: technical, conservation and economic considerations. Ostrich 68: 71-75
· HERREMANS, M, BROWN, CJ, BORELLO, WD, & HERREMANS-TONNOEYR, D. 1993. The abundance of European rollers Coracias querrulus in Botswana and Namibia. Ostrich 64: 93-94.
· JAMIESON, IG, McRAE, SB, SIMMONS, RE, & TREWBY, M. 2000. High rates of conspecific brood parasitism and egg recognition in coots and moorhens breeding in ephemeral wetlands in Namibia. Auk 117: 250-255.
· JARVIS, AM & ROBERTSON, A. 1999. Predicting population sizes and priority conservation areas for ten endemic Namibian bird species. Biological Conservation 88: 121-131.
· KIRSCHNER, C.H., SAKKO, A.L. & BARNES, J.I. 1999. An economic valuation of the Namibian recreational shore-angling fishery. South African Journal of Marine Science 22: 17-25.
· KOMEN, J & BROWN, CJ. 1993. Food requirements and the timing of breeding of a Cape vulture colony. Ostrich 64: 86-92.
· LANGE, G-M., BARNES, J.I. & MOTINGA, D.J. 1998. Cattle numbers, biomass, productivity, and land degradation in the commercial farming sector of Namibia, 1915 to 1994. Development Southern Africa 15: 555-572.
· LANGE, G-M. 1998. An approach to sustainable water management in southern Africa using natural resource accounts: the experience in Namibia. Ecological Economics 26(3): 299-311.
· LANGE, G-M., HASSAN, R. & HAMILTON, K. 1999. The natural resource accounting approach to integrated environmental and economic management and planning: experiences from Africa. Agrekon 38: 78-108.
· OAKES, EJ & BARNARD, P. 1994. Fluctuating asymmetry and mate choice in paradise whydahs: an experimental manipulation. Animal Behaviour 48: 937-943.
· POONYTH, D., BARNES, J.I., SUICH, H. & MONAMATI, M. 2001. Satellite and resource accounting as tools for tourism planning in southern Africa. Development Southern Africa (in press) 20pp.
· ROBERTSON A & JARVIS AM (2000) Oxpeckers in north-eastern Namibia: recent population trends and the possible negative impacts of drought and fire. Biological Conservation, 92: 241-247
· ROBERTSON, A, SIMMONS, RE, JARVIS, AM & BROWN, CJ. 1995. Can bird atlas data be used to estimate population size? A case study using Namibian endemics. Biological Conservation 71: 87-95.
· SIMMONS, RE. 1996. Population declines, viable breeding areas and management options for flamingos in southern Africa. Conservation Biology 10: 504-514.
· SIMMONS, RE & ALLAN DG. 2001. The Orange River avifauna: abundance, richness and comparisons. Ostrich (in press).
· SIMMONS, RE & CORDES, I. 2000. Why is shorebird density so high in Walvis Bay? Delayed blooming and Benguela upwellings. (Abstract). South African Journal of Aquatic Science, 25
· SIMMONS, RE. CORDES, I. & BRABY, R. 1998. Latitudinal trends, population size and habitat preferences of Damara Terns Sterna balaenarum on Namibia's desert coast. Ibis 140: 439-445.
· SIMMONS, RE, STANDER, PE, BARNARD, P & COWLISHAW, G. 1997. Behavioural ecology in southern Africa. South African Journal of Science 93: 489-490.
· SIMMONS, RE, BARNARD, P & JAMIESON, IG. 1998. What precipitates influxes of wetland birds to ephemeral pans in arid landscapes? Observations from Namibia. Ostrich, 70; 145-148.
· STAGE, J and F. FlEERMUYS (2001): Energy use in the Namibian economy from 1995 to 1998, Development Southern Africa 18 (4): 423 - 441
· STAGE, J (2001): Decomposition of Namibian energy intensity, South African Journal of Economics 69 (4): 698 - 707